This page can be used to provide information on WebDAV-related jobs (both offered and requested). This page is a public, free service to the WebDAV community -- if you would like to list a job here or post your availibility, then please contact Greg Stein with the necessary information.
None at the moment.
Below are the job offers, linked from the main menu.
Apple Computer, MacOS X DEVELOPER
Tired of working in a large group where your contributions are minimized. Interested in working on a product your parents,friends, or children might use ?
The MaxOS X Core Operating Systems team is looking for an exceptional engineer. We want someone who can help us add facilities to Apple's new Operating System to enable Mac OS X applications to use WebDAV & HTTP to access their files. As a member of our group, your contributions will directly impact the success of one of the worlds highest volume operating systems.
You'll have a chance to work immediately with WebDAV, HTTP and UNIX TM network programming. Ultimately you will have the oppotunity to work in many areas of OS development
You'll add new features to our system, help ensure data transportability across platforms, and of course, help us improve the quality of our product. Opportunties to work with 3rd party developers are also a possibility
We are looking for professionals who can:
- Help grow our expertise in network programming and internet protocols especially WebDAV.
- Be highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
Education and Experience Required:
- MS in Computer science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the WebDAV extensions to HTTP
- Extensive experience with the HTTP protocol and UNIX network programming.
- Experience with the C programming language.
- A wilingness to work on various OS projects.
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Self motivated, independent and pro-active
Desirable Apple specific experience :
- Experience with UNIX (especially BSD 4.4) or MacOS file systems is a major plus.
- Experience with concurrency, reliability, and scalabilitty issues also a plus.
- A track record shipping products
- Comfortable working in a loosely structured organization
- WebDAV, HTTP, Unix, Networking, MacOS file systems,UDF, C, VFS, BSD, ISO9660
Send resumes to email@example.com. Please refer to req #1005325.
Macromedia, Senior Engineer
Job Number: CM001
Location: Redwood City, CA
Macromedia is looking for an experienced, highly motivated engineer to help create the next generation of web publishing software. This person will be a member of a team of similarly outstanding individuals, dedicated to improving the web publishing process for teams across an enterprise.
Work on a team to define, architect, and implement the features of a new, server based product ∑ Make engineering tradeoffs to ensure on time delivery of customer focused features ∑ Review specifications and make recommendations to other engineers/feature teams ∑ Work closely with QA to ensure quality throughout the development cycle
- Minimum of 3-5 years C/C++ coding experience in a product development environment
- Must have experience in developing SCCS (source code control systems).
- Experience with all aspects of the product development lifecycle from requirements generation, through feature specification, coding, debugging, product shipment, and maintenance
- Experience on Unix and/or Windows NT
- Ability to communicate effectively with teammates and customers
- Experience coding in Java and/or Java Servelets.
- Experience developing enterprise applications; with an emphasis on highly reliable/transaction oriented systems.
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Experience with web technologies
Interested parties should send mail to Eric Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org
Connection Points, Senior Developer
You have a passion for the Internet, are bright, and have good communication skills. You are a team player that thinks from the company point of view. You want a ground-floor opportunity with upside potential. You have confidence in your ability, learn quickly, and take responsibility when necessary.
- Ability to design, implement, and debug a Windows client application
- Familiarity and experience with Windows 95/98/NT
- Familiarity and experience with Visual Basic or C++
- Familiarity and experience with Web programming (ASP, CGI, etc.)
- Willingness to learn tools, languages, and standards necessary
- Good people skills
Connection Points, an Internet company based in Nashville, TN, is about to release a customizable virtual storage product that targets both selected vertical industries and the commercial market. Connection Points encourages mutual respect, open communications, open-mindedness, ongoing education, and diversity in a relaxed, but goal-driven environment.
Highly Desired Skills
- Experience with the development process
- Experience with testing and quality assurance
- Familiarity and experience with the following languages and standards:
Java, ASP, VBScript, XML, WebDAV
- Familiarity and experience with the following products:
Microsoft IIS, SQL Server, MTS, Site Server
- Familiarity and experience with other operating systems:
Macintosh, UNIX, Linux
Qualified individuals should send their resume and cover letter via E-mail to email@example.com (a flat ASCII file without attachments or enclosures is preferred). Resume may be faxed to 810-279-0700. You may also send a resume to:
209 10th Avenue South, #423
Nashville, TN 37203
Connection Points is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Oracle Corporation, XML Infrastructure Developer
Job Code: 48397
Oracle is looking for a talented database design engineer to be a part of the team that is working on implementing WebDAV and XML standards as a part of Oracle8i. The team is also responsible for defining an architecture for XML's company-wide adoption. XML is a rapidly growing area, with many newly emerging standards such as XML Schema, XPath, and XSL, and this team will help Oracle stay at the forefront of this revolution by leveraging Oracle technology to support them.
The candidate will be responsible for design and implementation of the above components in Oracle database using C, C++, and Java. The software must be well designed, and have very high performance and scalability characteristics.
- 3-5 years of C/C++ programming experience
- Experience with database and/or operating system internals
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies and apply it
- Team player
- Experience in building a content management solution a big plus
- Knowledge of WebDAV, XML and web standards a plus.
Xythos, Western Regional Sales Manager
If you are a star performer in enterprise-software sales, Xythos wants to hear from you! This position plays a key role in Xythosí domestic sales organization and provides a great opportunity for you to leverage your Fortune 1000 customer relationships and knowledge of the enterprise content management market. You will be responsible for the direct sale of Xythos products and professional services in your assigned territory. You will also be responsible for identifying and qualifying new prospects and/or maintaining existing customers, and for development and execution of a sales plan to achieve assigned sales quota. This includes providing detailed product information and coordinating demonstrations, quoting prices, managing installation efforts after the sale, and all account oversight responsibilities.
Skills and Knowledge:
Typically requires a minimum of five years of enterprise-software product sales experience, with a proven track record of significant over-quota achievement and experience in closing six-figure software deals. Requires proven knowledge of document management and collaborative software applications marketplace. Also requires excellent selling and presentation skills, effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as a professional appearance and presentation.
The position requires a Bachelor's degree, college diploma or equivalent experience.
CompensationCompetitive+, outstanding benefit package and pre-IPO stock options
Location: West Coast